Caring for your car is like caring for your horse back in the 1800’s. Although your car needs less attention than a horse would, the same principle relates to both. A car is your means of transportation. It is highly recommended that you do a routine check-up on your car to insure that it meets performance standards. At times it can be hard to find a good auto mechanic. Luckily, Sugar Hill Automotive is there to fill the gap. We are a highly reputable auto repair shop in Georgia that maintains honesty and trust with every customer we meet. For this post we are offering the essentials for what it means to care for your car. Here is a layout of all the things to inspect to assure your car is ready for the road.
- Be sure to check the dashboard of your car to see if any emergency light icons have emitted. These lights indicate that your car needs attention specified by the lit icon. Check your automotive manual to see what each light indicates.
- Body and bumper damage should be monitored for insurance and aesthetic reasons.
- Dripping fluid beneath the vehicle can indicate a leakage, such as oil, power steering, brake fluid, transmission or another type of fluid. Air conditioning systems can leak due to moisture.
- Vehicle exhaust that has a pungent odor or too much smoke coming out the exhaust is sign that your car needs a checkup.
- A wheel checkup will determine the air pressure, traction of the tire and if your wheel mechanics are performing at its peak. Always be sure to avoid driving over pot-holes, rocks, and other various debris in order to avoid risking a flat tire.
- Doing a brake check is important due to fact that brakes are a first line of safety to stop the automotive. Be sure that your brake lights are working at the rear view of your car. Listen for squeaking, grinding or scraping sounds coming from the braking motion. These sounds indicate it is time for new brake pads, -rotors or an alignment. Have a certified multi-point inspection help you identify the causes of the issue.
- Engine checkups will require under the hood mechanic or technical skills and resources to assure your automotive is working properly. Visit your local Sugar Hill Automotive Mechanic (770-904-0404) to get the best inspection in the area of Georgia.
- Air filters allow for clean air to flow through the vents of your car and into the air you breathe. Be sure to see if your car needs an air filter when going in for a checkup.
- Headlight beams, turn signal blinkers, and brake lamps all need to be evaluated and tested to make sure that they work accordingly. Lights are important for legal reasons which allow other drivers to communicate your car’s navigation on the road.
- Spark plugs and cables should be inspected to assure they are working at full capacity.
- Engine timing belt may need a routine change every 100,000 miles or so to prevent any damage so that the engine doesn’t break when the belt snaps. Costs can double if the timing belt breaks.
- Windshield wipers needed for rain and clear visibility help sustain good vision on the road. Change wipers periodically and top it off with wiper fluid to clean glass windows appropriately.
Car care can be a lot of work and usually consists of routine inspection and testing to see if your automobile functions at top performance. We also recommend washing your car and cleaning the interior flooring and seats to make your car look and feel its best. Car care might not be as functional as a horse but it sure beats the alternative long saddle ride to work. So come pick up your car at Sugar Hill Automotive (770-904-0404) and ride into the sunset.